Absolutely NOTHING is syncing on new iPad!
Hi, everyone! I'll post an intro separately, but right now I'm frustrated and desperate!
I bought a 32GB iPad today, and excited plugged it in to sync with iTunes. I was careful to select only a select high-priority selection of videos, music, and photos so the first sync wouldn't take too long.
Well, it acted like it synced... it said it was synchronizing, both on the iPad and in iTunes... but when I checked the iPad, nothing was there -- no videos, not a single playlist, not a single photo.
I plugged it in again to start another sync, but the same thing happened.
I rebooted, started up iTunes again, and started a new sync... much to my frustrating, there are still NO photos, movies, TV shows, or songs on my iPad.
Some relevant facts:
Needless to say, I'm rather frustrated, especially since I spent this afternoon buying movies, TV shows, and apps specifically for my new iPad, and it doesn't recognize even one of them.
- I'm using iTunes 10 (specifically, 10.0.1.22).
- When it starts the sync, iTunes takes a very long on the "backing up" phase. Then, as soon as the "backing up" phase ended, the iPad chimed as though it was finished syncing, and no longer says it's syncing. iTunes, on the other hand, continued claiming it was syncing.
- The very first sync, however, iTunes showed all the various songs, TV shows, etc. it was supposedly syncing. I received no error messages.
- When I click to the iPad tab within iTunes, it claims it has 16GB worth of videos, music, and photos. So, it thinks they are there, or at least they are taking up space on the iPad... so why can't I get to them??
- The apps have synchronized just fine, as have Calendar and Contacts.
- I've confirmed that all the correct things are checked (to have it sync certain playlists etc.), so that's not the issue.
- I'm Apple-product savvy (have two iPhones, three iPods, have never had a single problem with any of them, and am a bit of a geek) - so whatever this problem is is nothing immediately obvious
Any ideas?? I've searched but can't find this specific problem. Thanks so much in advance!!