Apple Wireless Keyboard, First Thoughts
Ok I had a Freedom Pro keyboard that folds up, but I realized I really don't need a folding keyboard, so I shuffled over to Best Buy actually hoping to buy an iPhone 4 to resell on eBay for profit (no dice, they never got a single one in) and picked up an Apple wireless keyboard.
1) The arrow keys don't work, which is a bummer but expected...UPDATE: they work in some programs but not others
2) The eject key interestingly enough pops up the on screen keyboard on the iPad
3) The volume buttons work
4) The brightness buttons work
5) The fast forward etc buttons work, at least for videos..I don't have music on my iPad so can't speak for that but I'm sure it works fine
6) The F5 key does NOT refresh webpages, a bummer
7) No typing lag in Safari, IM+
8) Minimal but noticeable typing lag in Documents to Go
9) The return key works for obviously carriage returns, but also for hitting return on the Safari web address bar etc
10) Having BT on and using the keyboard drains the iPad battery pretty quick. I dropped like 3% of battery life in a few minutes.
11) Pressing any key on the keyboard unlocks the iPad even if it is completely locked
12) The keyboard fits rather snugly into a Targus netbook case I have
13) Tab key works great in most cases
Now I just need to sell my completely unused Freedom Pro keyboard, but I don't have the box.