Best way to store huge amounts of date while on vacation where internet isn't?
I'm new to iPad 3, got mine on the 16th, & have read many articles on external storage for tablets. My problem is I'm new so I need to understand my iPad 3 better. Here's what I know (or think I know!).
- We will be in low internet access areas for 3 weeks. This rules out iCloud.
- My DSLR camera takes 1080P AVC video & RAW/JPEG photos up to 25Mb each.
- I'm estimating 125-150Gb of additional external storage. My iPad is 64Gb & I don't want to use it as storage.
- Hyperdrives (HyperDrive iPad Hard Drive) are expensive but seems to be the best option. Hyperdrive must have its own app to avoid using iTunes.
- I've read about satellite hard drives (GoFlex Satellite Wireless | Seagate) but I believe I cannot transfer directly from the SDHC card to the WiFi hard drive. I believe the data must 1st be loaded to my iPad, then WiFi-ed to the satellite hard drive. Am I wrong? (I'm going on vacation to relax, not do the same step twice.)
- Some SDXC cards are big enough but are expensive too. Several smaller 32Gb cards would work & that might be the best option.
Anyway, I need to buy something & need advice which way to go. I do have other external drives at home but it's my understanding these wont work without hacking my iPad. Don't want to void my warranty!:eek: