Lost alert sounds
Anybody able to help me? I seem to have lost my alert sounds. This is really important for me as I rely on it for work. Things Ive done are, reset all settings. Made sure alll turned on in settings and as far as im aware Ive made sure not muted in the taskbar.
No mention of checking the volume level - button on side upper right in portrait mode. Been there done that.
There is a sound bug that has been reported with a fair amount of frequency. Most case however involve loss of in app sound, not so sure about alerts being included. In any event the fix is quick and effective in many cases and certainly won't cause you any harm to try. Please do precisely as instructed and in the sequence provided. Please post back to communicate if the fix worked.
1. Settings/General/Use side switch to: Check MUTE if not already selected. If mute is selected toggle to Lock Rotation then back to mute.
2. Physically set the side switch to MUTE. Make sure the red dot is visible, this assures the switch is in the ON position.
3. Physically set the side switch to MUTE OFF. Make sure the red dot is no longer visible, this assures the switch is in the OFF position.
4. Test to see if problem has been resolved
5. Please post back with results
Fantastic. Worked a treat. This has really been bugging me for about a month - could not use an Anchorwatch App which neede noise to wake me if I drifted at anchor