xoom now, but considering ipad 2...
I'll start by saying the only loyalty I have product wise is to my money, and I want it to go towards the best product for me. My phone is an evo 4g, but I have every iPod of the new lineup with the exception of my 2nd Gen iPod touch. I actually like iTunes, and having never had an ipad I was ready to shell out the money and get one. However best buy was sold out and having the ability to demo the xoom there, I had no problems purchasing it and evaluating it over the return window. There's not much I dislike about it to be honest, but the lack of apps is bothering me a bit right now, and I have a feeling finding third party accessories for it will be a problem in the future with all the other android tablets coming out. I feel ipad is the safer bet, but after spending time with the xoom I'm left wondering how the ipad 2 handles some of the xoom's functionality..
Off the top of my head right now (I'll think of more later) -
1. Skyfire browser supposedly shows some flash videos, how is your experience with it? I'm particularly interested in gametrailers and ebaumsworld videos, can they be viewed in anyway (frash?) through the ipad 2?
2. There's a website where I browse sheet music in PDF format - can I go online and
directly download and view the files through the ipad 2? On the xoom its seamless quick and easy - how would I do it on the ipad 2?
3. I browse a lot of forums, I love using the full website rather than an app like tapatalk - would that be doable on the ipad 2?
4. My main interest is website viewing, I want the best possible most complete experience in non mobile mode - what's your day to day viewing like?
5. If anyone uses Symphony Pro - is there any problem with the ipads screen size and placing notes on the staff or editing?
Again, this post is directed towards mature people who are not defined by what product they own, people who realize how utterly insignificant what tablet they own will be once were all in our graves at the end of our life. Those are the people I want responding.