Help for new owner with an iPad 1
I am buying an iPad1, 3G, 16 GB to mainly browse the net, use Google maps, read eBooks and play computer games with my kids. I have a Sony Vaio laptop. I find it heavy, bulky and cumbersome to carry around.
I want to request iPad1 owners for valuable inputs: -
1. Can I do all the things given above, and similar things, without any additional software?
2. What is the implication of iPad1 not having Java or Flash support? Does it affect the experience much?
3. What apps are very much essential? Are they available only on payment? Do I need to buy apps for doing routine tasks?
4. I read that iTunes are required to listen to music on iPad1. Does it mean that I can not transfer my music collection to iPad1 via usb? Does it have regular usb port?
5. Considering that I have never used any Apple device till now what other surprises should I be ready for?