Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

HP AIO 6500A Plus - Cannot Print

This is a discussion on HP AIO 6500A Plus - Cannot Print within the AirPrint forums, part of the iPad Help category; Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN OK - let's summarise, you've tried the 'completely power down the iPad' solution by pressing and holding the Power button, ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    45599
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN View Post


    OK - let's summarise, you've tried the 'completely power down the iPad' solution by pressing and holding the Power button, you've power recycled the printer and this problem still persists...


    Tim
    Yeah!!!!!!! Success!!!!! I had definitely power cycled the IPad......and I thought I had done the Printer, but wasn't sure. So, when I did that....it worked great. You guys rock!!!

    OK....now, one more question.....another new topic! Regarding printing without a network.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    17175
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    26
    After the printer goes to sleep.....it probably will not print unless you recycle it!

  4. #13
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    46961
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lincolnwood, IL
    Posts
    4

    Same exact problem!

    Hi all. So I have the exact same printer and am having the same exact problem as bustoc. However, I tried the solution suggested by Tim and it didn't work for me

    I just bought the printer yesterday and upgraded the firmware. I can print, scan, and do everything else just fine from my Macbook Pro. Is there anything else I can do to get Air Print working with my iPad?

    Thanks ahead of time!

  5. #14
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Quote Originally Posted by jsubida View Post
    Hi all. So I have the exact same printer and am having the same exact problem as bustoc. However, I tried the solution suggested by Tim and it didn't work for me

    I just bought the printer yesterday and upgraded the firmware. I can print, scan, and do everything else just fine from my Macbook Pro. Is there anything else I can do to get Air Print working with my iPad?

    Thanks ahead of time!
    When you try to print from within an app on the iPad, does the menu offer you the option of your printer - but then it just doesn't print - or can't you even 'see' your printer listed as being available?

    Tim

  6. #15
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    29989
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    29
    I have found that if I have a problem once in awhile with my printer and print sharevitbhelps my printer if I have myblaptop running, don't know why I never put anything in myblaptop about print share, but I do believe itbis router related. If young tonapplevsupportbyoubshould be able to pull up a listvof printer thatvare AirPrint and or e print capable. If doesn't help feel free to contact me and I will email younthevlist, I believe I still have it in my files, and if finances allow and depending on what you are printing try tonget a officevprinter as thevphoto smartvprinters go through a lot of ink as I foundvout the hard way.don't know a lot butbif I can help I will.
    Jean A.K.A. Mama Lupi.

  7. #16
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    29989
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    29
    Hey I just noticed my sketch or avatar orvwhat ever you call itdoesnt show up, what am I doing wrong?

  8. #17
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    46961
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lincolnwood, IL
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsubida View Post
    Hi all. So I have the exact same printer and am having the same exact problem as bustoc. However, I tried the solution suggested by Tim and it didn't work for me

    I just bought the printer yesterday and upgraded the firmware. I can print, scan, and do everything else just fine from my Macbook Pro. Is there anything else I can do to get Air Print working with my iPad?

    Thanks ahead of time!
    When you try to print from within an app on the iPad, does the menu offer you the option of your printer - but then it just doesn't print - or can't you even 'see' your printer listed as being available?

    Tim

    I don't even see it in the list of available printers.

  9. #18
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    46961
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lincolnwood, IL
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlupi View Post
    I have found that if I have a problem once in awhile with my printer and print sharevitbhelps my printer if I have myblaptop running, don't know why I never put anything in myblaptop about print share, but I do believe itbis router related. If young tonapplevsupportbyoubshould be able to pull up a listvof printer thatvare AirPrint and or e print capable. If doesn't help feel free to contact me and I will email younthevlist, I believe I still have it in my files, and if finances allow and depending on what you are printing try tonget a officevprinter as thevphoto smartvprinters go through a lot of ink as I foundvout the hard way.don't know a lot butbif I can help I will.
    Jean A.K.A. Mama Lupi.
    Hi Jean. I definitely have one of the printers listed as Air Print compatible (the HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-AIO).

    Do I have to tinker with my router to get Air Print to work? Right now, my printer is hooked up to the router via Ethernet. I have a Netgear DIR-655 router.

  10. #19
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    28530
    Liked
    1523 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walla Walla, WA
    Posts
    15,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlupi
    Hey I just noticed my sketch or avatar orvwhat ever you call itdoesnt show up, what am I doing wrong?
    Did you edit your profile pictutre or the avatar. They are differnt.

  11. #20
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    49430
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1
    I have the same printer and same problem as bustoc. I keep having to power cycle the printer and the ipad for it to print. The printer is availabel to chose but the print job never gets there. On my iPad, when I open up the Print Center, it just shows waiting in the status field. After I recycle the printer, it sometimes prints once and not again. Its so frustrating. HP iPrint works but I dont want to keep on opening another app just to print.
    I find that printing text works fine for a while with airprint but photos blow it up somehow. Any ideas anyone?


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. How so I cancel a print job on print central
    By tomallman in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM
  2. Print email to PDF
    By Jeannine in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 09:50 AM
  3. I just want to print!!!!
    By Grnizzz13 in forum AirPrint
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 10:55 AM
  4. Airprint not waking up HP 6500A plus
    By Carnut in forum AirPrint
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 11:04 AM
  5. Print
    By poovey in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Search tags for this page

d'link dir 655 airprint issues

,

d-link dir-655 airprint

,

dir-655 and airprint

,

how to print from iphone to 6500a plus

,
hp officejet 6500a airprint problems sits in print center
,
ipad will not recogize hp officejet 6500a plus
,

ipad with hp printer 6500 a plus

,

what inker does an officejet 6500aplus take

Click on a term to search for related topics.